The latest Fitness craze involves wearable technology and the Fitbit Surge is one of the most mentioned gadgets this year. Fitbit is the market leader when it comes to activity trackers, and besides the Fitbit Charge HR, the flagship Fitbit Surge, is one of the MUST HAVE gadgets, that one must add to his gym locker.
In truth, this is the 2nd activity tracker that own. Previously, I used to wear Mi Band, that only cost me $20, in an attempt for me to get used to wearable technology. Guess what…I only lasted for 2 weeks with my tracker, as the reports were grossly inaccurate. If you were in the gym or playing the guitar, or just actively swinging your arm, the readouts would be terrible. Calories burned were either too little or too much, and it was just a pain, to wear such an inaccurate gadget on your wrist. When my wife told me that these inaccuracies were minimized by her Fitbit Charge HR, my interest was piqued!
The Fitbit Surge comes with 1.25 Inch display and syncs with all your iOS, Android and Windows devices. Coming with a rubber strap, the watch has various sizes for differing wrist sizes (I wear a Large.). The fun thing about these activity trackers, is that it tells you your resting heart rate (Good for assessing overall fitness), and it lets you know whether you have been slacking off in the gym.
Here are some Plus Points about the Fitbit Surge:
- Continuous 24hr heart rate monitoring ability from your wrist. Yes! it monitors your heart, just by wearing the Tracker. No need for additional wires or additional modules tied to your chest. In addition to tracking steps, it also tracks elevation climbed and records entire workouts.
- Fitbit Surge has GPS capabilities, so it maps and tracks your run. So there is no need to bring your Smart Phone along for the run, as the watch tracks your route.
- Monitors your sleep. There is no need to press any button, and the watch is able to detect your sleep patterns for you.
- Receive call and text notifications while running, hit the top ‘action button’ to view alerts, home button to dismiss. So there is no need to take our your Smart Phone, but just read the notifications from your wrist.
- According to the manufacturer, the Surge has a lithium-polymer battery that can last for up to 7 days on a single charge and takes 1-2 hours to charge fully. However, realistically, the watch can last up to 4-5 days, and you will need to charge the watch thereafter. If your blue tooth is constantly on, there will be a greater drain on battery life.
- Rain and Splash Proof. Have no fear when get you get caught in the rain, as the watch is able to stand up to such weaher. However, it is still recommended that one takes off watch, when one goes for a shower.
Other Important Information
The Big Screen of the Fitbit Surge is able to offer additional information, not given by a charge HR. I liked the fact that my watch is able to monitor whether I am doing weights, elliptical, biking, spinning or yoga. In contrast, most basic activity trackers are not able to measure such differential modes.
The Fitbit Surge also has a backlight, enabling one to read the watch at night, and as a watch, it has a alarm, making sure that one is able to wake up in the morning. As a testament to the watch usefulness, I am still wearing the Fitbit Surge after a month! 🙂
Good New for all Readers!
In conjunction with Fitbit and Mums the Word, we are giving away a Black Fitbit Surge (X-Large) (Model and Sizing is not changeable). If you want a Win a Red Fitbit Surge, do head on over to Mum’s the Word.
All you need to do:
1. Comment on this blog post and guess how many steps i will take on Friday 8 Jan? (the closest will win!)
3. Share this blog post on your Facebook Wall with the Caption “I want to Win a Fitbit Surge!”
For those who are new to the process, just copy the Blog Page Address and Paste it on your FB Wall. (Do Remember to add the Caption and make your share Public!)
The Giveaway ends on 15 January, 2016 at 2359 hrs.
(Editor’s decision on Winners are final, and Facebook accounts used solely for Giveaways will NOT be entertained. All incomplete entries will also automatically be disqualified The management reserves all rights to amend or change the terms & conditions of this promotion without prior notice. Final decisions will be made by Ed Unloaded.com.)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________And are you ready for the result of this Giveaway?
Here is the No of steps on the selected date:
The number of steps on Friday 8 Jan is 10,006 Steps
And the Winner is none other than Ivon Juton!
Do stay tuned, as we will be contacting you shortly about the collection of your prize. To the rest of our readers, do stay tuned for our next giveaway.