Will you be my Valentine?
Guess what! Valentine’s day is here again!
Growing up, the No. 1 question that we used to ask our friends is, “Do you have a date for Valentine?” Being the quiet teenager, this was not a question that I particularly looked forward to. In fact, this was a question that I wanted to avoid, as most of my growing up years, were nights with my textbooks, pc and telly. But, as they say, the fullness of time came, and eventually, I had a positive answer to this question!
Today, I can say that my best friend is my Valentine!
My Aussie College sweetheart was the girl who swept off my feet and the one whom I made a life long commitment to love for the rest of my life. Any regrets? Ya! Why not sooner?
After 13 years of joy, laughter, tears and companionship, I can safely come up with a list, where my wife has consistently been part of.
Here are 7 things which my wife is to me:
1) She is the Only girl on my Speed Dial
2) She is the person I call the Most often everyday!
3) She is the First person with whom I want to share Good News and Bad!
4) She is the only other person which I go to for directions besides Google.
5) She is the one with whom I want to share every holiday with.
6) She is the ONLY person with whom I feel most comfortable with . She has heard all my jokes, sermons, frustrations, blog posts and farts!
7) She is my Confidante, Co-labourer, Companion and Lover.
As they say, “Only Fools fall in love”, and this Valentine, I just want to tell my wife, that I have no regrets being the fool for you, and this journey would never have been the same, without you beside my side.
I have definitely enjoyed it more, with you always by my side.
And as “Cheezey” as it sounds, like I always preach at weddings:
“Growing up, we hear about fairy tales and happy endings, but the thing is True love has no ending”
Happy Valentine’s Day baby!
This post is part of a Valentine’s Day series, brought to you by Daddy Matters.
Leave a Reply