SG50 weekend promises many discounts for the whole family. Besides the Top 7 things to do on National Day Weekend, here are FREE and Discounted Family attractions, which you can bring your family and maximize your savings!
Wildlife Reserves Singapore (Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari, River Safari and Singapore Zoo)
Singaporean families love the Singapore Zoo, Night Safari and the Bird Park. Discounts for families are not just available on NDP weekend but on the whole month of August. Sounds good right! Discounts to the Zoo are available from 1 to 31 August for Singapore residents.
Singaporeans can enjoy:
- 50% discount on admission tickets to the Jurong Bird Park
- 50% off bundled admission to River Safari and Singapore Zoo for same-day visits. (Pictures of River Safari)
From 7 to 10 August, visitors to the four wildlife parks can also enjoy a free SG50 animal-themed woven tote bag (worth $3) at the parks’ retail stores (this is limited to 1 bag per visitor, and while stocks last).
Sentosa is an island resort which is a hotbed of activities. A variety of attractions at Sentosa will be FREE over the long weekend.
- 7 Aug, 8.40pm: Wings of Time night show
- 8 Aug, 10am – 8pm: Sentosa Merlion (last entry 7:30pm)
- 9 Aug, 10am – 6pm: Free guided tours of Fort Siloso (last entry 5:30pm)
- 10 Aug, 8:45am – 10pm: Free Cable Car rides* (last boarding 9:30pm)
*From HarbourFront Station or any of the cable car stations on Sentosa Island.
From July to 10 Aug, catch the Sand sculpture exhibition – featuring iconic moments or monuments in Singapore over the past five decades. In addition, there are ongoing Sentosa SG50 promotions:
- Island admission fee waiver at the Sentosa Boardwalk daily as well as for cars and taxis on weekdays after 5pm (excluding PH)
- Limited edition SG50 Sentosa Islander Card
- Discounts off various attractions, such as $5 off Megazip Adventure Park, $5 off Combat Skirmish LIVE, etc.
For more information, please visit their website.
Marina Bay Sands: Art Science Museum
The Iconic Art Science Museum is not just synonymous to the Singapore skyline, but it is also one of the most expensive Museums to visit in Singapore. Privately run by MBS, the good news for all Singaporeans, is that they are offering FREE Admission over the NDP weekend.
From 7 to 9 August, Singaporeans and Permanent residents can enjoy free admission to the ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands. There will also be a special 50% discount for Sampan rides along The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, subject to terms and conditions.
Science Centre Singapore
Science Centre Singapore (SCS) is providing FREE general admission during the Golden Jubilee Weekend from 7 – 10 Aug 2015 to all Singapore citizens.
Singapore citizens will also receive free admission to six other attractions – including the “Human Body Experience” exhibition, “Interplay: Where Science Meets Art” exhibition; KidsSTOP™, Snow City, The Cliff @ Snow City and the Omni-Theatre.
Yes! Even Snow City is FREE! My kids will like that! 🙂
Further admission details will be shared by end July. For more information, please visit their website.
So check out the many things to do over the coming weekend!